This article contains a sample letter of intent to return to home country to provide guidelines on how to create a convincing letter of intent to return to home country.
The US is open to welcoming international students to any of their college, universities or any other institution of learning to get any degree of their choice. However, they ensure that the students have plans to return to their home country once their studies expire.
What is Letter of Intent to Return to Home Country?
Letter of intent to return to home country is a letter that shows that you will willingly leave the US back to your home country once your F-1 or M-1 student visa expires. You are not to remain in the US after your student visa expires.
When applying for F-1 visa or M-1 visa, you have to convince a consular officer that you will not try to permanently remain in the US after the expiration of your visa.
What should a Letter of Intent to Return to Home Country contain?
Ideally, a proper letter of intent to return to home country should contain ties to your home country that you must return to.
It could be family members left behind that you cannot abandon, an employment offer waiting for you after acquiring your degree or a business deal back in your home country that you need the degree for.
Sample letter of Intent to Return to Home Country
House 2b, X close,
Apple Junction, Festac,
U.S. Consulate General Lagos Office
2 Walter Carrington Crescent,
Victoria Island, Lagos.
To Whom It May Concern,
Letter of Intent to Return to Home Country after Studying in the US
This letter of intent to return to my home country is to state the reason while I need to go back to my home country in Nigeria as soon as I am done studying for a master’s degree in computer networking at the University of Florida. I intend on taking my career to the next level as a network analyst in my place of employment and subsequently start up my own firm to get subcontracts.
I have already made some arrangements with a close associate whom I intend on partnering with and my company has grown into something much bigger where we deal in more complicated IT fields which my skill acquisition pushes me to be better.
Possible documents to attach to Letter of Intent to Return to Home Country
- A copy of your rental agreement or house title that shows that you have a stable place to live
- An affidavit sworn by your parents listing all members of your family proving that they are firmly settled there, if there is a family business be sure to state it as it can make your letter very convincing
- Proof that you left behind a spouse or child back in your home country. This could be in form of a marriage certificate or a birth certificate
- Documents showing proof of a business you are leaving behind, possibly a business license or a letter of employment from your employer
- Documents proving your career potential in your home country, a letter of employment or statistics from a reputable source showing that your skill is high in demand would suffice
- Copies of bank statements that shows that you are maintaining a bank account in your home country. This could come in very handy especially if you do not have a history of employment
- Documents showing any monetary bond you paid to government scholarship funders to guarantee your return. This includes copies of your receipts and correspondents
- a pre-paid round trip ticket to and from the US. Even though this is not a requirement, some consulates randomly ask for it.
Possible documents you might need to attach to your letter of intent is not limited to ones mentioned above, feel free to add other documents you feel might come in handy to make your letter of intent to return to home country more convincing.
Leave a Comment